You should keep track of your receipts in Taiwan. The Taiwan Receipt Lottery, formally known as the “Uniform Invoice Lottery” (In Chinese 統一發票 Tǒngyī Fāpiào), gives all customers the chance to win up to 10 million NTD. You can read this post or this video to learn how to win the prizes.
This table tells you how much you can get for each prize.
|Prizes/Value||Ways to win the prize?|
|Special Prize||Matching all the digits of the Special Prize winning number.|
|Grand Prize||Matching all the digits of the Grand Prize winning number|
|First Prize||Matching all the digits of any of the First Prize winning numbers|
|Second Prize||Matching the last seven digits of any of the First Prize winning numbers|
|Third Prize||Matching the last six digits of any of the First Prize winning numbers|
|Fourth Prize||Matching the last five digits of any of the First Prize winning numbers|
|Fifth Prize||Matching the last four digits of any of the First Prize winning numbers|
|Sixth Prize||Matching the last three digits of any of the First Prize winning numbers|
You can also use an app to see how many prizes you get:
The lottery drawing in Taiwan held on the 25th of every odd-numbered month, i.e., January, March, May, July, September and November. Six sets of eight-digit numbers are drawn and announced in a ‘live’ televised ceremony presented by an emcee, during which four models roll out the winning numbers from hand-turned lottery machines. Six prizes are announced during the ceremony. As of 2011, the “Special Prize” has been increased from NT$2 million (US$63,000) to NT$10 million (US$342,000). “First Prize” of NT$200,000 (US$6,200) are offered to customers with the receipts matching the 8-digit numbers drawn. Subsequent prizes valued at NT$40,000 (US$1,300), NT$10,000 (US$313), NT$4,000 (US$136), NT$1,000 (US$31) and NT$200 (US$7) are available to receipt holders who match the final 7, 6, 5, 4 and 3 digits, respectively, on their invoices.
Here is the numbers for March and April, 2022. Check if you are the winner of the Grand Prize.
|First Prize to Sixth Prize||16525386|
If you are the winner, check the regulations and details below for Prize Money Claims:
- In order to receive the prize money, a winner must fill out the form on the back of the uniform invoice and present this with his or her ID card at any redemption locations from 2022/06/06 to 2022/09/05. A winner need not collect the prize money in person. Such person as is entrusted by a winner to collect his or her prize money should present his or her own ID card along with the winning person’s ID card and the winning uniform invoice at the redemption locations in order to receive the prize money.
- If the uniform invoice receipt does not indicate the amount of the sale, the winner is not qualified to collect the prize money.
- If the buyer shown on the uniform invoice receipt is a government agency, state-run enterprise, public school, military unit or a business entity, the winner is not qualified to collect the prize money.
- For winners of the third, second, first, grand or special prize, or one-million-dollar prize for cloud invoice awards, 20% withholding tax is levied on the prize.
- Each invoice may win only one prize.
- For more details, please check the Uniform Invoice Award Regulations.
- If a winner has any questions about claiming the prize money, please call the Service Line:4128282.
- The winning numbers of the cloud invoice award for March and April 2022 is announced on the eTax Portal on the website of the Ministry of Finance at http://invoice.etax.nat.gov.tw/.